Technology Briefings III – Logins
By Weiling Liu, Technology Team Leader
Remember: It is the user’s full responsibility to remember his/her logins and to use the logins properly.
To check your account status visit http://www.louisville.edu/it/dcs/sam/compacctlist.html
To set up or change your Preferred Email Address (PEA) go to https://raven.louisville.edu/php/ldap/
- DCE (Distributed Computing Environment)
- This login is used for Athena Email, UofLnet Remote Account and off-campus access to Libraries’ Electronic Resources (e-journals, databases, etc.) That is, your ID and password to all these accounts are the same.
- Every UofL employee or registered student has a DCE login.
- This login is created by the Information Technology (IT) Department when a new employee starts working at UofL. The user should change the initial password after first use.
- Should you forget your DCE password, contact OLT (Library faculty or staff only, see Team membership list for individuals who can reset DCE password) or take a picture ID to any UofL Computing Center to reset your password
- Problems with DCE account, contact IT at 7997.
Athena Mail --
- It can be accessed via WebMail (https://webmail.louisville.edu), Outlook Express or forwarded to GroupWise
UofL.net Remote Accounts --
- Standard account – free, and used for accessing email or UofL Intranet from home
- Plus account - fee-based, and used for Internet as well as UofL Intranet from home
- EMPLOYEE ID AND PIN
- This is used to access your paycheck stub online
- Open the browser of your choice, either Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator to http://hal.louisville.edu/viewPaycheckStub/setupPaycheckSearch.cfm
- Enter your seven-digit Employee ID and PIN. If you have not attended classes at UofL since 1982 or have not used the Registrar’s Touch-Tone Registration System, your PIN has been set to your date of birth in mmddyy format; otherwise, your PIN is the same as that used to access Touch-Tone Registration.
- Click the Submit button after entering your Employee ID and PIN. The next panel you see lists the Check Number, Status, Date, and Employee Name for all paychecks on file. Each of the fields is a “hot link”. Click on the Number, Status, Date, or Employee Name of the check that you wish to display. You may click the Print button on your browser to obtain a hard copy.
Changing Your PIN
UofL uses a PIN to secure online delivery of paycheck information and restrict access to Touch-Tone Registration.
- To change a PIN using Touch-Tone Registration, dial 852-2222 and follow the voice prompts.
- To change a PIN using the Web, go to http://hal.louisville.edu/ and select “Change PeopleSoft PIN.”
- This login is used to log on your GroupWise email account.
- Requests for a new account are made through Andy Anderson or Calvin Miracle (Debbie Hawley submits requests for new University Libraries employees)
- GroupWise can be accessed via GroupWise Client software or Web access at http://gwweb.louisville.edu
- For problems with a GroupWise account, contact your Team representative.
- This login is used to log on to the Libraries’ NT network, to receive applications distributed from the Libraries’ server, to access group folders on the server and to access your disk space on the server.
- This login is created by OLT. You should change the initial password after your first use.
- Should you forget your Midgard login, contact OLT to have it reset.
- For problems with your Midgard account, contact your Team representative.
- This login is used to log on to University’s Novell
- It is created by IT when a new employee starts working at UofL. The password expires periodically and so the user needs to change the password when there’s an alert.
- Not everyone in the Libraries uses this login. Only those use resources provided by IT such as PeopleSoft need it.
- Should you forget your Novell login, contact OLT to have it reset.
- This is used to log on to the Library’s integrated library system client for Acquisitions, Cataloging, and Circulation, etc.
- To add or change your password, contact OLT.